Tuesday, February 3, 2015

[Review] Kakiang Bakery & Café Ubud – Bali

 So yesterday is the mark of my long break after final exam, so I decided to go to Ubud for refreshing with my bestie. Luckily, I’ve been there too before about three weeks ago for cycling tour with my high school mates which unfortunately I can’t made a post out of my first trip to Ubud since I didn’t take good pics there, blame the excitement that time. 

So yeah, first trip to Ubud leaving me a deep impression about Ubud and it’s just make me want to come back again to this place. Honestly speaking if I can compare this place, the busy streets of Ubud is not that different like in Legian Kuta or Sanur, but there’s some things that make this place feel different. The cozy feeling, and definitely this place is perfectly pure bliss for a food lover like me

We went to two places only. The famous Kakiang Bakery & Café and Blanco Museum, we went there from early morning since I was half hoping that we can enjoy brunch there, around 6.30 from Nusadua and I need to pick Ari up from her house in Denpasar before we go straight on to Ubud which take like probably 45 minutes, luckily there is almost none traffic jam at the time since it was Saturday, no one want to wake up so early on weekend right?

So we arrived on Kakiang Bakery & Café this place is not big but not small too, tripadvisor(dot)com refer this place as the best Japanese bakery in Ubud, I never really go to the actual and authentic Japanese bakery, so I don’t know how it supposed to be like, but one thing that I can say about this place is very clean and nice, although it’s not big but they really arranged the decoration well, they also has second floor seats and terrace seats on second floor. Another fortunate things is we came there pretty early around 9am perfect timing for a brunch right?




 I enjoy secluded place, so I decided to take Ari to just sit on second floor. Anyway, talk about the services and staffs amenities, I must say that they’ve done kid of pretty well job, I guess… 
not really talk much with the customers and not smiling much and I’m gladly okay with it since I particularly not really good in small talk, but I believe not everyone is like me, I mean some guests maybe enjoy and love being pampered by having the waiter asking about the day or anything else, or at least asking about the food.





Talk about food, they do sell lots of yummy cakes. I LOVE CAKES so this place feels like heaven to me, especially that they don’t sell it in expensive price! The price is freaking reasonable here.
I didn’t get any breakfast home before this so I decided to just order a bowl of fruits salad and strawberry parfait, unfortunately they ran out of fresh cream for the parfait so they couldn’t make one (seriously, why don’t you make one then… geez)

“Do you want to change your order miss?” the waiter ask me
“Nope, I will think about it later” I said (I WANT MY STAWBERRY PARFAIT, NOT OTHER ORDER PMSL. HAHAHA)

Anyway, I couldn’t stand any longer thinking about beautiful creatures (?) , I mean things ehm…cakes on the first floor, so I get down there with Ari and start choosing our favorites!
I was in love with strawberry and cream cake, but none slice of the cake is left on tray with those tittle (Oh my~ another disappointment).




So, another option from my favorite list that available is only cream puff, so yeah I will just take that one to make up my disappointment, oh and custard pudding as well, they got it in very tiny cute cup, I might can finish in only 3 big spoons. Ari got what she love anyway, she choose a very yummy mount blanc cake (don’t worry we’ve snapped some cute pictures of the yummy cakes)



So I got my – long awaited – fruit salad, which surprisingly come out with banana slices. Believe or not, I don’t think these days is a proper time to harvest banana. So getting banana on my fruit salad bowl is a luck.
Ari got her – I don’t remember what’s the name of this – sandwich, I was sincerely worried that Ari won’t eat the sandwich since it come out with scrambled egg on it (she never really like the yellow part of the egg) so we seal a deal that I will eat the half of her and she can eat the half of mine for the sake of our food (the egg).But, unfortunately we were too eager to eat the cakes quickly, so we just abandon the egg part and half of the fruit salad to dig on our yummy cakes.

The mount blanc is definitely a yes, the chocolate sponge cake with a little hint of rum taste and soft fresh cream with light sweet flavor. The very crunchy pie crust with fresh cream and fruit, pampering our tongues is always amazing things to do. HAHAHA.


I really want to come again to this place, maybe next time for lunch. I will definitely try their seafood chowder and strawberry shortcake. But 2 hours ride from Nusadua to Ubud….
maybe I should re-consider the idea.

I even brought meringue and ginger marmalade jam for my sister.


Good Night 

1 comment:

  1. This is really nice to read content of this blog.If you are looking for new ways to advertise your blog, it is important to stay in touch with the latest updates from the search engines. for more details Contact with us How To Get More Instagram Followers

    ReplyDelete